Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TOMORROW!

Tomorrow. This all becomes reality tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will be flying off on the journey of a lifetime. My flight is early evening tomorrow and my route is Toronto-New Jersey-New Delhi-Kathmandu. There is a 10 hour overnight layover in New Delhi before catching a 6:30am flight into Kathmandu on the morning of October 2nd.
Life has been a whirlwind for weeks leading up to this moment. Now I sit amongst my things and try to put order to the chaos that is packing for this journey. Three months in Nepal followed by Thailand, and hopefully Vietnam and Cambodia. Nepal is the purpose of this journey and the rest is some sweet add-ons like catching up with my sister Theresa for Christmas who will be teaching in Bangkok and the potential to keep on trucking.

In keeping up with Outward Bound form here is an outline for my first 48 hours in Kathmandu.
As mentioned in an early post I was offered an amazing opportunity to consult on behalf of my longtime friend Kate Wannan who is the Executive Director of Eco-librium Adventures http://www.eco-libriumadventures.com/. Kate has put me in contact with John Child from Friends in High Places (FIHP) http://www.fihp.com/ and we will be meeting upon arrival into Kathmandu.  Kate and John are in the beginning stages of becoming potential business partners and I am consulting on Kate's behalf. Someone from FIHP will be meeting me at the airport and bringing me into town and setting me up with a place to stay. From there John will tour me around the city and take me sightseeing and talk about some of the background of the country, the tourism business and his company, and then I am off on a short trek through the company. The first trek will be a short trek in the Annapurna Region called Poon Hill. This is a majestic five day trek to an elevation of 10,000 ft that offers a brilliant 360 degree view of the Himalayan massifs including Dhulagiri range and Annapurna range sunrise in the valley.

View of Annapurna's from Poon Hill. Not too shabby.
 

So definitely more to post about my meetings with John and FIHP. They are hosting me for the duration of my time with them so I will most likely have lots to write about after a pretty fantastic start to my journey's.

Stay tuned.
Until then ... last post from Canada!

A.

1 comment:

  1. You are the coolest. Really, I just wanted to post a comment so you know we are reading. Love.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete