Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Intentions

This trip represents necessity. For me it is not about seeing and doing, it's more about feeling and being. I want to be amongst the unfamiliar. I need to experience the fear and solitude that being alone presents you with. One can believe that the last few months have been isolating and have left me feeling very alone. I feel this tremendous need to strip away everything and everyone. Not forever, but for now. I need to stand on my own two feet with the intention of allowing me the time to be still, to be present and to refocus myself in a new direction. Everything has been familiar, sedentary and way too predictable for me.

In preparation, aside of reading and dreaming ... I have begun to de-clutter myself and mostly my possessions. Things that represent the past that I can no longer find the strength to hold on to. These things take up space and I don't know why I find myself clinging to these things. Well, I guess I know but I need to let everything go. I feel a tremendous desire to purge and purge I will.

Nepal is an intensely spiritual place and I hope to be able to tap into that while I am there. I have three solid months to figure out how to do that. It is my hope that I can volunteer and give back to the country that I will be visiting. I am asking a lot of this place in terms of healing so in return I feel as though I should be working towards that. Nothing is free in this life. To be able to give one must be able to receive. I am willing to give, to serve and to experience life on the other side of the world and in return I want to be able to give the best parts of me while I am there. When I find out what that is ... I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment